techtree?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 3 19:50:08 PDT 2002

On October 3, 2002 09:04 am, Christian Schäfer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in the lfs book there is to read about a 5mb apache-server-system.
> but when you try to build an lfs using the book, you will end up
> with much more space being used.
>
> I want to build an lfs running the following:
> apache+php (no perl), mysql, sambaserver, opensshserver, some secure
> firewall, everything needed to route a dsl-connection to a local network,
> bash with some tools.
>
> how can i figure out what to keep from the book and what to get rid
> of? is there a sort of techtree which shows dependencies between
> packages?

The only dependencies in the book right now are the installation dependencies.
I don't know of any run-time dependency trees in existence right now, but you
could do a trial&error (that's how I got an LFS system mentioned in the LFS
book down to 5 MB. Just kept removing things until other programs stopped
working, but I never documented what I had to keep to get Apache running
properly and all that).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org