File are too large.

Stef Bon s.j.bon at hccnet.nl
Thu Oct 3 03:03:22 PDT 2002

Hello,

I'm installing a LFS 3.3 version on a computer.
Everything is going great, and I like LFS a lot.
Gives me more understanding on how LINUX works.

But my question is, I've installed all the base packages,
en now do a chroot to de LFS directory.
Is going ok, but now when I do a

ls -al

I get hughe numbers for the size:

for example .bash_profile:

-rw------- 1 0  0       17592186044416  Oct     3       08:15   .bash_profile

Al the other files and directries have these hughe sizes too.
I've installed a Reiserfs filesystem, maybe this has anything to do with it?

Compiling glibc-2.2.5 doesn't work, I get lots of messages about file's too
large.

Stef

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org