gcc-2.95.3 giving no results(not getting completed)

Ulrich Fahrenberg uli at math.auc.dk
Wed Oct 2 23:36:23 PDT 2002

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Pushpendra Maharya wrote:

> When I am running the command for installing gcc than after
> reaching this point nothinh happens.I am using LFS 3.3 version.
>   Any help is appreciated.
>
> creating Makefile
> creating testsuite/Makefile
> creating config.h
> Configuring texinfo...
> checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /bin/install -c
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for working aclocal... found
> checking for working autoconf... found
> checking for working automake... found
> checking for working autoheader... found
> checking for working makeinfo... found
> checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) works... yes
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) is a cross-compiler... no
> checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
> checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no
> checking for a BSD compatible install... /bin/install -c
> checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
> checking for texconfig... true

What do you mean ``nothing happens''? Does your computer hang? Or do
you just go back to the shell prompt? Does configure create a
config.log file? If yes, you could find the relevant parts of it and
post them here (_don't_ post the whole file, it is usually rather
huge).

Are you in chapter 5 or 6?

- And maybe you should install the CVS version instead of 3.3. CVS
seems to be very stable.

Uli

--
Ulrich Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli