gcc3.2 build giving segmentation fault

john smith no at thanks.com
Wed Oct 2 21:53:12 PDT 2002

"Ulrich Fahrenberg" <uli at math.auc.dk> wrote in message
news:Pine.GSO.4.33.0210030634380.22792-100000 at thiele.math.auc.dk...
> On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, john smith wrote:
>
> > I'm assuming it's hardware because I haven't found any postings
> > about it and the compileI did last night caused a segmentation
> > fault while building a different file.
>
> Did you read Faq #7.2.1.6?
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#AEN423
>
> Uli
>
> --
> Ulrich Fahrenberg -- http://www.math.auc.dk/~uli
>
> --

That faq is what lead me to believe it was hardware.
Since my last post I have replaced my 64mb 72pin with a 32mb SDRAM module
and the compile went perfectly.

This same system had run without displaying a problem on win95 running
defrag+virus scan+scandisk sometimes all at once and left going with
scheduled tasks for days without a lockup. compiling gcc will be my new
ramtest from now on.

thanks
gavin

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org