gcc3.2 build giving segmentation fault

john smith no at thanks.com
Wed Oct 2 18:08:27 PDT 2002

"Archaic" <archaic at comcast.net> wrote in message
news:20021002143758.GA174 at comcast.net...
> On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 11:19:55PM +1000, john smith wrote:
> > when building gcc-3.2 in chapter 5 I get the following errors:
> >
> > /usr/include/bits/string2.h:889: internal error: Segmentation fault
> > make[2]: *** [crtbeginS.o] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [stage3_build] Error 2
> > make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
>
> You should re-read the book about what info is needed before posting a
> question.
>
> --
> Archaic
>
> --
> See, when the GOVERNMENT spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the
> money is left in the hands of TAXPAYERS, God only knows what they do
> with it.  Bake it into pies, probably.  Anything to avoid creating jobs.
>
> - Dave Barry
>

> --

ok..
using 4.0-RC1
following book exactly (I think)
can't fine any 'make' logs or anything to copy any more of the error you
need about this segmentation fault.

I'm assuming it's hardware because I haven't found any postings about it and
the compileI did last night caused a segmentation fault while building a
different file.

Anybody got any other ideas?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org