minimum base system for creating lfs

Jeremy Utley jutley3 at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 1 20:48:08 PDT 2002

The way I would do it is, split the 2.5 GB drive in half, use the first half for your host distro (say, Slack 8.1's A, D, L, and N series), and the second part for LFS.  Once your LFS is finished, you can substitute the host distro's partition somewhere into your current structure - /home or /usr would be good choices, IMHO.

Jeremy