minimum base system for creating lfs

john smith no at thanks.com
Tue Oct 1 19:01:35 PDT 2002

I have an old 2.5g drive in an old pc that I want to create my lfs system
on. trouble is I have nothing to install my base system on except three
drives 200/124/124mb.

I can create a system with 400mb raid and a tiny swap partition but will
this be enough to get developement stuff I need on there. if so what is the
bare minimum packages I need (I'm using a Mandrake 7.2 cd I found)

If 400mb is not enough can anyone suggest a better way to do the install?..
I could split my 2.5 gig and install it on that but at the end of the
installation I will only want my lfs install and not my base system..

If not is there someone in Melbourne I can borrow a 1 gig drive off to do
install my base system to. I am unemployed and my girlfriend wont pay for a
hdd. (she hates linux 2).

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org