building lfs from a crippled computer???

dagmar at speakeasy.net dagmar at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 1 14:21:52 PDT 2002

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, da02043 wrote:

> Are there other ways i could do this that i have overlooked?
>
> I would prefer not to install a donor distro on the laptop because i want to
> have only one partition to conserve space.

Assuming you have a second (full-sized) machine around, dig around online
or at your local geek shops for a mini-ATA adapter.  You should be able to
find one for under $10 without much trouble.  Then you can stick it on
your mini-ATA hard drive, and then attach it to a normal sized IDE bus and
use it like a regular old hard drive.  (In fact, since my notebook died,
it's what I have been using here so that I woulnd't lose access to all the
shell scripts and whatnot that I'm using to buildw with)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org