Question about LFS using User-Mode Linux

Michael L. Kaufman kaufman at cindercon.com
Tue Oct 1 15:08:51 PDT 2002

Hi. I am just getting started building building a system using the 4.0RC1
book, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience building it with
under a user-mode linux environment. I am not trying to run UML on a LFS
system (I saw that there is a hint doc for that), I am trying to go the
other direction. I would like to start out with a blank UML partition file
and build up the system that way. That way I can experiment and get it right
without mucking with my current setup. Is that possible? Has anyone done it?
Are there any docs/hints out there for this?

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks, Michael

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org