Auto Reboot after loadling the kernel.

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Tue Oct 1 11:43:01 PDT 2002

"Adam Mercer" wrote:
> > I set up
> > the newest stable kernel 2.4.18. But after I reboot the computer using
> > the new 2.4.18 kernel, it auto reboot just after finished the Kernel
>
> Sounds like a problem with either the kernel config or /etc/inittab,
> whats the last message you see before it reboots?

Most likely kernel config, Wrong processor architecture selected.
i686).

> > It's bad, it's so bad.
> >
> > How should I do now ? Thank you all.

If the above IS set incorrecty, change the value and recompile the kernel
and update the bootloader.

cd /usr/src/linux &&
make clean &&
make menuconfig &&
make dep &&
make bzImage &&
make modules &&
make modules_install &&
cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/lfskernel &&
cp System.map /boot/sbin/lilo &&
/sbin/lilo

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org