.Config file

Grant Leslie grantl at nbnet.nb.ca
Sat Nov 30 13:44:28 PST 2002

"Peter Ahlgren" <projectpeos at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:asa4sq$ads$1 at quasar.highos.com...

> Where in the RH-dist can I find the .config file to use when compiling the
> kernel for my LFS?

Just going on memory here
Look under /usr/src/linux-2.4 there's a directory there called config I
believe? cd into that, and there is a bunch of config files, one for each
type of kernel distributed with redhat, with names like
athlon.config
athlon-smp.config
i686.config
i686-smp.config
and so on...
Or at least something like that, but, I am positive, somewhere in the linux
source base directory, there is a new directory, where these are kept.. cp
out the one you need, and rename it to .config in your linux source dir, and
don't forget to run
make oldconfig
to import it properly

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org