attempting to boot with loadlin

Jeff Whitsitt jswhitsitt at linuxmail.org
Sat Nov 30 10:48:55 PST 2002

OK, I'm getting somewhere. I pointed loadlin to my host (Mandrake) vmlinuz image with the LFS root and it works.

So my lfskernel is "corrupt".

When I finished the LFS system, I exited from chroot and copied lfskernel to the windows partition as follows:

cp $LFS/boot/lfskernel /mnt/windows/lfs/lfskernel

This didn't work.  Any suggestions how I should copy it.I guess I could copy it to a floppy from linux and use rawrite to copy it to the windows partition.  WIll this work or is there an easier way?  Thanks!

http://www.linuxmail.org/