attempting to boot with loadlin

The Cheeze Cheeziologist at attbi.com
Sat Nov 30 10:20:36 PST 2002

Jeff Whitsitt [jswhitsitt at linuxmail.org] wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have an older machine that I dual boot Win95 and Mandrake 8.2.
> When I put Mandrake on it was simpler to use loadlin because of the >
old BIOS.  Now I have completed a LFS system using LinuxFromScratch >
4.0 to the letter. I setup the LFS system with loadlin just like
> Mandrake.
>
> Setup a lfs.bat as follows:
> @echo off
> c:\loadlin -v c:\lfs\lfskernel ro root=/dev/hdc7 hdd=ide-scsi
>
> Copied lfskernel to the Windows partition where loadlin and the bat >
file are.

> But when I choose LFS, I get an Image file not found error.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>Jeff

I'm just taking a complete shot in the dark, seeing as I have never used
loadlin, but perhaps if you make your kernel as a zImage instead of a
bzImage it would work. Normally I wouldn't just guess at people's
problems but it doesn't seem like you're having much luck moving paths
around and such.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org