attempting to boot with loadlin

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sat Nov 30 09:23:35 PST 2002

On Sun, 01 Dec 2002 00:50:56 +0800 "Jeff Whitsitt"
<jswhitsitt at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your help!  Any other thoughts?

It's probably just because my loadlin is too old, but it has a totally
different usage from what you seem to try. My loadlin is called like this
(from the included example file):

# There can only be one parameter file and LOADLIN must be called as:
#   LOADLIN @param_file
# However, the parameters in param_file may be overwritten by
# (or appended to) those following the @param_file, e.g:
#   LOADLIN @param_file image=other_image root=/dev/other

and the parameter file has the image file as the first entry.
Don't you have any examples and documentation for your loadlin? Maybe you
should download a clean copy from the official site (from what I
understand you're currently using the loadlin from your Mandrake distro).

MSB

--
I am Pentium of Borg. Precision is futile.
Prepare to be approximated!

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org