attempting to boot with loadlin

Jeff Whitsitt jswhitsitt at linuxmail.org
Sat Nov 30 08:50:56 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Grant Leslie" <grantl at nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 06:10:58 -0400
To: lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: attempting to boot with loadlin

Ok, try adding this, copy/move loadlin into c:\lfs with lfskernel, then add
these lines to the start of the .bat file

c:
cd c:\lfs

To make sure the current directory is c:\lfs before trying to load the
kernel and then..

loadlin lfskernel ro root=/dev/hdc7 hdd=ide-scsi

I'm not quite sure what the -v was for, haven't used loadlin for years

Still no go. I turned echo on and it is getting to the correct directory and starting loadlin, but loadlin is not seeing my lfskernel as a viable image file.  I have recompiled the kernel with no hitches. Is there a configuration setting that needs to be set in order for this to work?

I thought I might have got bit by dos filenames so my last effort was ->

loadlin LFSKER~1 ro root=/dev/hdc7 hdd=ide-scsi

to no avail.

Thanks for your help!  Any other thoughts?

Jeff

-v is for debug messages

http://www.linuxmail.org/