attempting to boot with loadlin

Jeff Whitsitt jswhitsitt at linuxmail.org
Fri Nov 29 16:11:30 PST 2002

Hello

I have an older machine that I dual boot Win95 and Mandrake 8.2. When I put Mandrake on it was simpler to use loadlin because of the old BIOS.  Now I have completed a LFS system using LinuxFromScratch 4.0 to the letter. I setup the LFS system with loadlin just like Mandrake.

Setup a lfs.bat as follows:
@echo off
c:\loadlin -v c:\lfs\lfskernel ro root=/dev/hdc7 hdd=ide-scsi

Copied lfskernel to the Windows partition where loadlin and the bat file are.

But when I choose LFS, I get an Image file not found error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff
http://www.linuxmail.org/