GCC Configure problem.

Casey Allen Shobe cshobe at osss.net
Fri Nov 29 08:23:50 PST 2002

With both of the following configurations:
* GCC-3.2 w/LFS patch which does unknown things because the LFS GCC page is
dummied down and just says "this is required to make it compile" instead of
stating what the patch actually *does*.
* GCC-3.2.1 clean

I attempt the configure step as according to chapter 6.

Configure fails with this:
checking size of short... configure: error: cannot determine a size for short
Configure in /src/gcc/gcc-build/gcc failed, exiting.

tail -n 3 gcc/config.log gives me this:

int main() {
switch (0) case 0: case (sizeof (short) == 16):;
; return 0; }

That won't compile on any machine I have.

I can't figure out what's wrong.

Any advice?

--
Casey Allen Shobe, Open Source Software Solutions
cshobe at osss.net / http://www.osss.net / 770-653-4526
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org