future of crosscompiling hint

Richard A Downing richard.downing at bcs.org.uk
Fri Nov 29 01:26:15 PST 2002

On Friday 29 November 2002 05:18, you wrote:
> In article <20021128235831.GA6923 at knut.wog>, Nicholas Dille wrote:
> > hi everybody,
>
> *SNIP* & "SNIP"
> If noone else steps forward, I'll be happy to take over ownership of the
> cross-compiling hint.  I use it fairly regularly building LFS's for my
> old 486's and lower-end Pentiums.  I've already seen some areas where it
> could use an update.
>
> Just let me know.
>
> J_Man

As another 486er and user of the hint, I'd be sad to see it die (or fade into
'old'), but don't have the expertise to take it on.  I'm very happy ot help
though.

My paricular interest at the moment, having used just the Uname hack to build
a working V4 with Glibc-2.3.1 and gcc-3.2.1, is to work out how to build
other packages on top of that by using my PIII.  I'm trying to do this over
NFS, but having lots of problems.  However, if I do get it working, it should
be documented for others.

--
Cheers, Richard.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org