make difficulties

Kyle Hafar hafar at u.washington.edu
Fri Nov 29 00:41:17 PST 2002

Hi,
     I've been trying to do LFS, starting from Slack 8.1 as a host system. I've been going by the 4.0 book and haven't deviated from it at all (since I don't entirely know what I'm doing). Everything is fine with compiling the base packages, creating a directory tree, and dev entries. When it comes to installing kernel header files, I get stuck on make mrproper. I get:

make: *** No rule to make target 'mrproper'. Stop.

      Can anyone help a newbie?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org