How to disable Screen Blanking

The Cheeze Cheeziologist at attbi.com
Fri Nov 29 00:29:57 PST 2002

datapatterns at datapatternsindia.com wrote:

>I wanted to avoid the Power Management blanking the screen after the
system
>is idle for some time. I tried removing the Power Management from the
kernel
>and compiled the kernel. I am using kernel 2.4.4. But still, the screen
is
>getting blanked after some time of system idle.
>
>Please advice
>
>Regards
>RD

I would check to be sure that you don't have a setting in your bios that
is powering down the screen. My bios has power management settings in
it. Also, I was under the impression that some energy-star compliant
screens power down of their own volition, with nothing to do with the
operating system. As always, I could be completely off-base, but I hope
I've said acurate info.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org