Perl error in makefile

Ivo van Doorn ivd at euronet.nl
Thu Nov 28 10:57:33 PST 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to install lfs CVS version 20021030

But when I get to the installing perl part, I get an error:

///snip
Now you must run 'make'.

If you compile perl5 on a different machine or from a different object
directory, copy the Policy.sh file from this object directory to the
new one before you run Configure -- this will help you with most of
the policy defaults.

makefile:856: *** missing separator.  Stop.
//end of snip

When I go through the make file to check whats on line 856
I find this:

//snip
# AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED MAKE DEPENDENCIES--PUT NOTHING BELOW THIS LINE
# If this runs make out of memory, delete /usr/include lines.
0
av$(OBJ_EXT): /usr/include/_G_config.h
av$(OBJ_EXT): /usr/include/alloca.h
//end of snip

The 0 is line 856.

Anybody any idea on how to fix the problem?

Thanks.
Ivo

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org