adrians at aska.com.pl
Wed Nov 27 14:14:51 PST 2002
There is no answer for that questions there. For example:
1) Does configure script detect my machine and let gcc optimize the code
for my processor type? (i686 for example)
2) If the answer (1) is "yes" why should I specify additional CFLAGS="-march=processor_type"
3) If the answer (1) is "yes" why should I specify -march for cross-compiling in addition
to host/target argument to configure?
4) Why optimized applications may not work correctly? optimization in gcc is buggy?
5) You say that for example glibc shouldn't be compiled with CFLAGS, but I must
set it for cross-compiling!
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org
and put 'unsubscribe lfs-support' in the subject header of the message
More information about the lfs-support