DCOP Server

Grant Leslie grantl at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Nov 26 16:02:10 PST 2002

"Condon Thomas A KPWA" <tcondon at kpt.nuwc.navy.mil> wrote in message
news:11E95797BBB2824B933F536C9E77328D0113031A at kpwaexg.kpt.nuwc.navy.mil...

> Folks,
>
> I've installed RH7.x, SuSE 7.3 and LFS on a Sony Vaio laptop (with a
*much*
> larger HD).  I'm still trying to get all of the lilos (3 different
versions)
> to play nice together,

I don't know much about you other problems, but, I can point you to this..
http://raster.cibermillennium.com/gageng.htm
This is what I use for multi-booting, basically, with it you can seperate
your Linux installs completely. Use it as the main boot loader, and for each
Linux install, install lilo ( or grub! ) to the either the swap, or root
partition, install of /dev/hda use /dev/hda1 for example in the lilo.conf
file for boot= .
Then using GAG you can setup a boot menu item, to boot which ever partition,
on which ever drive you choose. ( with the exception of extended partitions,
IIRC ).
It saves alot of screwing around, trying to synconize multiple lilo
configs..

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org