DCOP Server

Condon Thomas A KPWA tcondon at kpt.nuwc.navy.mil
Tue Nov 26 10:35:17 PST 2002

Folks,

I've installed RH7.x, SuSE 7.3 and LFS on a Sony Vaio laptop (with a *much*
larger HD).  I'm still trying to get all of the lilos (3 different versions)
to play nice together, but somewhere in the process of the LFS install I
seem to have mucked up my SuSE 7.3 root login.  I can still log in as root,
but when I do I get the following message from KDE:

There was an error setting up inter-process communication for KDE.  The
message returned by the system was:

Could not read network connection list.
/root/.DCOPserver_wobbly_:0

Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running!

Since I used the SuSE system as the basis for the LFS system (and since this
never showed up before), I suppose I left something set that I shouldn't
have.  Could anyone steer me in the right direction?

Oh, and yes, I know that root should not be using a GUI, but this machine is
only networked with our system under test, so there isn't any security risk.

In Harmony's Way, and In A Chord,

Tom  :-})

Thomas A. Condon
Barbershop Bass Singer