Error compiling bash

Rory Cantwell rorus69 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 25 01:31:47 PST 2002

"Grant Leslie" <grantl at nbnet.nb.ca> wrote

>Do you have the kernel-headers rpm installed??Or, have you changed the
>linux
>kernel source code in anyway?
>Redhat ( and asp as well, I assume ?? ), make symlinks in the /usr/include
>directory, to /usr/src/linux-2.4/include. If you've removed the original
>kernel source, or failed to install the kernel-headers rpm, many packages
>will fail to compile, since they won't be able to find the linux headers.

I havent changed anything (yet) as ive only been using Linux for a couple of
months.  The kernel-headers rpm should be on the distro's installation
disks, shouldnt it? Ill try re-installing it tonight, but im pretty sure it
was part of the default install.  And yeah the kernel source is installed in
/usr/src/linux-2.4/include.  Thanks for your help Grant! - its so
frustrating to find I can't compile new programs and stuff for my
computer...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org