KERNEL???

Richard Lightman richard at nezumi.plus.com
Sun Nov 24 17:58:08 PST 2002

* Wolfman <".Wolfman"@web.de> [2002-11-25 01:19]:
> Hi there,
> is it possible to change the kernel in the installation process? to install
> f.e 2.4.20?

For most packages, you can normally use the lastest stable version
without problems. (Upgrading gcc and glibc often causes problems, and
there are currently issues with the latest bison). You may have
problems downloading kernel 2.4.20 as the latest version is currently
2.4.20-rc3. If you are able to download things from the future, please
send me the results of next week's horse racing ;-).

I would not expect problems from the kernel unless you try 2.5.* or
later. 2.4.20-pre8 has been working for ages without hassle.

Richard
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org