And I Thought Periodontal Surgery Was Painful

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.co.uk
Sun Nov 24 10:29:43 PST 2002

John Lowell wrote:

> Both of you suggested that I look in $LFS/static/bin for the installed
> bash-2.05a. Sad to say there is no $LFS/static/bin. I assume the
> installation program was to create such a directory. None so named was
> created. While the installation "felt" right, as I'd mentioned, I have no
> idea what transpired, actually. Information whirred by, and, to the best
> of my knowledge, no error messages were presented, but where, then, are
> the installed files? I don't think it worked, frankly.

May I suggest that you return to the bash source directory, by whatever
means you choose.  Once there do

make  >&  Log

This  puts the output into a file; you can then study this, and decide
if has failed

You can also do
make -n install
The -n flag stops anything being installed, it just pretends to work.

Chris

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org