Missing zoneinfo files (newbie)

David Balch david at balch.co.uk
Sun Nov 24 07:12:43 PST 2002

Hi,

I'm having problems getting LFS 4.0 set up, and would apprieciate some help.

I've got to "Configuring essential software" and setting the timezone
(Europe/London), but running tzselect tells me
"/usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/London: No such file or directory".

Running "ls /usr/share/zoneinfo" lists two files: iso3166.tab and zone.tab

The glibc install seemed fine (I don't recall any errors), and I had
already deleted the install files.

Any idea what's gone wrong?

TIA,
Dave.