bison 1.75 and flex

Frank Hammond frankham69 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 24 05:52:43 PST 2002

Hi Calmar,

I found the same problem, I tried Bison 1.75 and it complained about Flex &
it also wanted M4-1.4 as a prerequisite.

I installed 1.35 as per the book (I was using LFS 4.0 book) then carried on
through the book until I got to putting M4 on and then straight after that
installed Bison 1.75 t was fine.

(I am a newbie so I wasn't daring enough to try in case I had to start all
over again, but maybe it is possible to intall Bison once only, still using
Ver 1.75, but positioned after Flex and M4 are installed.)

Cheers,

Frank