4.0 or cvs: Which one to use?

Jostein Christoffer Andersen jostein at josander.net
Fri Nov 22 11:02:02 PST 2002

Ken Dyke wrote:

> 4.0 is considered 'stable'.  Hopefully, there will be no problems down
> the road if you follow the book precisely.
>
> CVS has no such assurance and in fact there most likely are some bugs
> yet to be worked out.  If you are an experienced Linux user and want to
> help debug, great.  Otherwise, it is suggested that you stick to the
> stable releases.

My current system is 3.3 (my first was 2.2.x something) with some pre 4.0
cvs packages (gcc 3.1 and more) so using cvs is no problem.

I want gcc-3.2.1/glibc-2.3.1 (using many c++ programs - KDE) and wonder if
someone have some post LFS experience about it.
It's still many programs that is troublesome when compiling with gcc-3.1,
(sometimes, I have to use 3.0.4 or 2.95.3).

I think I will sleep on this one :-)

Thanks for your answer.

Jostein

Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jostein at josander.net>