lfs done, backup?

Jim Murphy friartek at stargate.chicago.il.us
Fri Nov 22 09:25:05 PST 2002

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 10:55:44PM +0800, Tan Siong Hua wrote:
> I entered
> tar cjf lfs.tar.bz2 $LFS
> and I get this message
> tar: Removing leading '/' from member name

This would indicate that the command is working.  Tar removes, by
default, the leading "/".  This way you can restore the data in any
directory.

> and then I get my bash prompt back with nothing happened.

Did you check your current directory for the file lfs.tar.bz2?  Even
if $LFS is an empty directory it will still back it up.

"tar tvfj lfs.tar.bz2" will show you what is in the archive.

Jim

--
Jim Murphy
email: friartek at stargate.chicago.il.us