Newbie: Which is faster?

Ken Dyke ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.net
Fri Nov 22 08:00:01 PST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 04:29, Dejan wrote:
> I'm using RH8 on VIA EPIA 800MHz with 512MB of ram box, and I thing it's a
> little bit slow.

I am using RH8 on a 533MHz with 256MB.  Yep, it's slow but not
un-usable.

> More application I use opend the slower machine is.

Yes, this is rooted in physics.  Finite resources spread over a wider
space will be thinner.

> I realy need to know is KDE3 in some distributions faster or not???

That would depend on how many services the distro runs by default.  Turn
un-needed services off (for security reasons if none other).  Otherwise
there should not be a significant difference.  YMMV

How does this email relate to LFS?

--
I think, therefore, ken_i_m
Chief Gadgeteer,