binary only lfs system

Tommy Moore tmoore at cmrc.org
Fri Nov 22 06:57:15 PST 2002

Morning from Florida.

I'm interested in building an LFS system for a machine with a small hard drive to use as a firewall and small web server.
Basically what I'd like to do is on another machine is compile LFS and then copy the system back over to the slower machine.
I'd like to save lots of space on this other system so I'd like to strip out all the development packages. So what I'd like to do is have a system with only the binaries for the programs I'll need compiled with shared libraries like  they would be on a normal system.
How would I go about doing this with out including things like gcc and the other compilers?

Thanks for any help you guys may be able to offer.

Tommy
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org