lfs done, backup?

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Fri Nov 22 02:00:33 PST 2002

Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> On Thursday 21 November 2002 19:51, Jim Murphy wrote:
>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe
>>
>> tar cjf lfs.tar.bz2 $LFS
>>
>> would be correct.  "j" to compress in bzip2 format.  Also the output
>> file name would need to come before any files/directories you want to
>> back up.  With "f" specified, it would look for the output file name
>> to be first.
>
> Argh yes, I always make this mistake. Btw I'm still patching tar to
> use the "y" instead of "i".

Assuming you meant ' "y" instead of "j" '  Which version?  Old habits die
hard, and they die even harder when you have access to change the source.
I've patched both 1.13 and 1.13.25....simply change the -y line to
call --bzip2 (add one line if you want to update the help function), add y
to the avail options line, and copy the case statement for j, place it
before z and change the case value to y for 1.13.25.  Hit me back if you'd
like copies of the patches.

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org