Running strip-all

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Thu Nov 21 13:21:14 PST 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Ostash! wrote:
><snip>

>>> that GB> no libraries are deleted?
>>> find $LFS/{,usr/,usr/local/}{bin,sbin,} -type f \
>        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Are you sure you want to do this? If you echo the results of the above,
you should see that one of the generated parameters is $LFS/, which will
cause find to do every directory in $LFS, I think. This will hit the
libraries in $LFS, which you should not do, and will do the other things
twice. Did I forget something?

>>> ???-exec /usr/bin/strip --strip-all

<snip>

--