lfs done, backup?

Jim Murphy friartek at stargate.chicago.il.us
Thu Nov 21 10:51:19 PST 2002

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 06:45:25PM +0100, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> There have been lots of suggestions recently (and before that) so try
> the archives via google and add linuxfromscratch to it. Anyway, tar cyf
> $LFS lfs.tar.bz2 is sufficient. Don't forget to umount /proc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe

	tar cjf lfs.tar.bz2 $LFS

would be correct.  "j" to compress in bzip2 format.  Also the output
file name would need to come before any files/directories you want to
back up.  With "f" specified, it would look for the output file name
to be first.

Now I just need to find out why the tar man page didn't install on my
box.  My problem ... back to the book.

Jim

--
Jim Murphy