[OT] language policy [Was: Re: Lilo problem]

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 20 14:05:31 PST 2002

Yo,

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 10:59:08PM +0100, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> BTW, what is the policy of LFS mailing lists regarding language? I'm french
> and I'm tempted to answer in french to questions originating from a french
> speaking country. I always retain from doing so, but is it OK or not?
>
> (Well, short answers could easily be in both languages, but that would really
> be painfull for rather long ones).

Keep the language english if at all possible.  It would problably be
better to take if off-list in another language as there have been
complains in the past when discussions were in another languages and ppl
though them very OT (considering they could not speak it.. :)

However, last I checked lfs-traducfr at linuxfromscratch.org was still open
and dealt with support issues in french also.  May want to consider using
them if possible.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org