/dev/null: Permission denied

Bram Schoenmakers bram_s at NOSPAMsofthome.net
Wed Nov 20 10:26:48 PST 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to install a LFS-system, but I get stuck on a certain point.
The /dev/null results a Permission denied everytime. The following error
is shown when doing some make-commands when I have to copy the
kernel-headers to the system:

/bin/sh: /dev/null: Permission denied
/bin/sh: /dev/null: Permission denied
KERNELRElEASE "2.4.19" exceeds 64 characters
make: *** [include/linux/version.h] Error 1

The PD-error shows up when doing a 'make mrproper' and the error above is
the result when doing a 'make include/linux/version.h'.

The MAKEDEV runs successfull, there were no special errors related to the
/dev/null device.

I've installed all packages, and started again after the error appeared
for the first time. But the error remains.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

--
Bram Schoenmakers

ICQ #153817629
http://home.wanadoo.nl/bram_s

In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org