LFS Vanished on reboot

Joe Morris heartboy at nycap.rr.com
Tue Nov 19 18:56:51 PST 2002

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 09:27 pm, you wrote:
> Really confused and annoyed
>
>  The whole thing vanished not one dir or file left in /mnt/lfs
>
> is attempt 3 safe

Okay, are you sure that you mounted a partition in /mnt/lfs in the first
place?  I notice that if I forget to mount a partition to a directory, but
write to the directory, and then later mount the partition, everything in the
directory disappears and is replaced by the contents of the partition.
Unmounting it restores the contents of the directory.  If that wasn't so, you
could be suffering from severe fs or hard drive corruption, or (if you still
have winbloze) a virus to wipe out the hd?  I don't know, but this is really
odd.
Joe
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org