And I Thought Periodontal Surgery Was Painful

John Lowell johnlowell at ameritech.net
Tue Nov 19 00:14:56 PST 2002

Ok, I finally got something to happen with the make install command respecting
Bash 2.05a. Lots of stuff flashed by on the root superuser console, and it
took things quite some time to come to rest, but I'm not sure if Bash 2.05a
is installed or if it isn't, truthfully. My guess is that it is not. The
original folder is found at /mnt/lfs/static/src/bash-2.05a, the locale to
which it was moved after the package was decompressed originally. But I can't
find another folder with this name indicating a successful install. I had to
have done something right because up until now, I kept getting error messages
regarding ./configure. This time I got some action but don't know how to
interpret it. Your help is solicited.

John Lowell
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org