GCC - make bootstrap fails

Ben Jansen lfs at kristamin.com
Mon Nov 18 10:18:37 PST 2002

On Monday, Nov 18, 2002, at 00:21 US/Pacific, Ulrich Fahrenberg wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Nov 2002, Ben Jansen wrote:
>
>> I tried searching the archives for an answer to my problem, but
>> even the mirrors' search points to search.linuxfromscratch.org,
>> which asks me to use a mirror...
>
> Instead of searching linuxfromscratch for `blabla', you can search
> google for `linuxfromscratch blabla'. Works almost as well.

Just tried that--I searched for several variations of gcc make
bootstrap problem, error, etc. Almost all the hits were from the LFS
book itself, and the ones that weren't were not relevant.

Does anyone know why `make bootstrap' would fail? (For those just
tuning in, it says make: *** No rule to make target `bootstrap')

Thanks,
	Ben

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org