GCC - make bootstrap fails

Ben Jansen lfs at kristamin.com
Sun Nov 17 21:30:26 PST 2002

Hello everyone!

I tried searching the archives for an answer to my problem, but even
the mirrors' search points to search.linuxfromscratch.org, which asks
me to use a mirror...

I'm attempting to install LFS on a Mac clone; a UMAX C600. So far,
everything has gone well. I'm up to the step where I build GCC 3.2.
However, the build process fails with the following outputs:

make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gcc-build/libiberty/testsuite'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gcc-build/libiberty/testsuite'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gcc-build/libiberty'
Bootstrapping the compiler
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gcc-build/gcc'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `bootstrap'. Stop.
make[1] Leaving directory `/usr/src/gcc-build/gcc'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Does anyone have any ideas? I've done this a couple times now and the
error is the same. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
	Ben Jansen

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org