df -h

Greg Donald greg at destiney.com
Sun Nov 17 08:40:14 PST 2002

I just finished building my LFS 4.0 system.  It's running great but I have
an issue when I try df.  My root partition is listed twice for some
reason and I'm curious if something is misconfigured:

> df -h
rootfs                 18G  6.7G   10G  39% /
/dev/root              18G  6.7G   10G  39% /
/dev/hda2              99M   22M   72M  23% /boot
none                  252M     0  251M   0% /dev/shm

Here is my fstab:

> cat /etc/fstab
# Begin /etc/fstab
# filesystem mount-point fs-type options dump fsck-order
/dev/hda5 / ext3 defaults 1 1
/dev/hda2 /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hda3 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,owner,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,owner 0 0

And proc:

> cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

  34     0   39088896 hdg