halt / poweroff

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Sat Nov 16 20:19:44 PST 2002

Nils Holland wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> So - has someone else already had problems like that, and probably
> even a solution?
>
> Greetings
> Nils

Hi Nils,

Yep...seen it a couple of times.  Most likely this will fix it....Double
check your kernel config and make sure under APM options that "Use real-mode
BIOS call for power off" is disabled.  This option is for old hardware that
had buggy APM.  Beyond that, I know the scripts work just fine so I'd still
imagine it's a problem with your kernel config.  If that is not the prob,
post back the relevant parts of APM from your kernel config.

DJ

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org