halt / poweroff

Nils Holland nholland at tisys.org
Sat Nov 16 07:09:08 PST 2002

Hi folks,

well, I noticed that when I issue the "halt" of "poweroff" command on a
LFS system, the shutdown procedure is properly started. However, at the
last step, only my hard drive powers down, the computer itself remains
turned on and I have to press the ATX power button to turn it off.

I know that turning off my computer works well on a SuSE system, and I
compiled my kernel with about the same options for LFS as I did on SuSE. As
such, I don't think that this problem is caused by my kernel configuration,
but probably by the LFS shutdown procedure as performed by the "halt"
rc-script. On the other hand, if I look at that script, it looks like it
normally would power down the computer. So - has someone else already had
problems like that, and probably even a solution?

Greetings
Nils

--
Nils Holland <nholland at tisys.org>
*Ti Systems - Linux in Tiddische, Germany - Since 1996*
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org