Compile on fast machine, then run on slow machine....

Bill Maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Sat Nov 16 05:06:14 PST 2002

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 gsf600y at v21.me.uk wrote:

>Hi,
>I am attempting to install LFS on an old Pentium 233mhz machine.
>Is it possible to compile everything on my faster 1400mhz machine, then
>physically move the HDD into the old machine, and boot it up?
>
>Or is there another method?

Look two places at least: the hints (LFS has a hints section you might
want to look at) for cross compiling and search the archives (if not
available yet, search google) for a post by John McGinn(?) about moving
HDs to another machine. His post assumes Lilo. If you use another boot
loader, things might vary.

--
Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com