Lilo update problem

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Fri Nov 15 12:16:17 PST 2002

Condon Thomas A KPWA wrote:
> DJ,

Are you using one common /boot partion?  If so, you need to rm or mv the
boot.b, and map files. After this is done, get rid of the map= and boot=
lines in lilo.conf, choose a version to use and re-install it
(preferably on all three OSes).  If not one common /boot partion, then
you need to do this for each os that you intend to install the new lilo
on.  Then run /sbin/lilo.  A new map file will be created and hopefully
no more error with "first boot sector...."

Take a look at
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-support/2002/07/02
95.html
for a bit of reference.