unresolved symbols in sis900.o -- got it working

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Thu Nov 14 14:54:17 PST 2002

On Thursday 14 November 2002 18:08, Archaic wrote:
> What about your System.map? Did you forget to copy it before, but
> copied it this time?

That doesn't matter _at_all. I never copy System.map to /boot but leave
it in the kernel directory. Sometimes I delete that directory,
sometimes not, anycase, it has nothing to do with modules not loading
properly, it's only function is kernel debugging. Most of these errors
point to kernel/module version mismatch (like Justin's post indicated).
Seeing that recompiling the kernel fixed it, I believe this to be the
case.

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans