unresolved symbols in sis900.o -- got it working

Justin Hibbits jrh29 at po.cwru.edu
Thu Nov 14 08:45:55 PST 2002

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 04:47:15PM +0100, Niels Burmeister wrote:
> Thanks guys, i got it working, but I'm not sure how i did it, i simply
> recompiled the kernel, but i don't know of any option i turned on which
> could have solved the problem, the only one is 'enhanced realtime support',
> which i enabled to solve another problem i had.
>
> Anyway,
> thanks a lot guys,
> Niels

A secret to that is...your modules may have been built with a different kernel
configuration, or just with a different 'version' of the kernel tree (i.e. you
deleted the source after the kernel was built, then re-unpacked it, loaded the
configuration file, and built the modules, or sth like that).  I've had
problems like that.  Several kernel modules depend on being compiled with the
exact kernel you are using (not just the same version, but the same exact 'make
dep bzImage modules modules_install' line).  Probably your driver was the same
way.

Just some experience :)

Justin Hibbits

--