unresolved symbols in sis900.o

Niels Burmeister n-burmeister at komtel.net
Thu Nov 14 06:17:36 PST 2002

Hi, I managed to built my own lfs but met the folloxing problem:

during first boot my network chip was unknown to the kernel, I am using a
sis900 onboard-Lan chip, which is found and used by my host system (Mandrake
9.0).
I have built the appropriate NIC-driver as a module and in a second try
directly into the kernel during kernel-built, neither worked. When I did:
insmod sis900, i received several of the following error:

/lib/moduls/2.4.19/kernel/drivers/net/sis900.o: unresolved sysmbol
softnet_data_Re89aacet

I also tried to use the sis900 module from my host system with same result,
has anyone a good idea to help me out?

TIA,
Niels

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org